· BSc in Applied Math: China U. of Elec. Sci. and Tech.,1983
· MSc in Applied Math: Beijing Normal University, 1986
· PhD in Applied Math: Beijing Normal University, 1989
· PhD in Computer Science: University of British Columbia, 1994
· Currently, I am working with students and collaborators on explainable AI, natural language processing, reinforcement learning, multidimensional and deep clustering, collaborative filtering, and patient clustering and classification for traditional Chinese medicine.
· In general, I am interested in artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, probabilistic graphical models, model-based clustering, reasoning and decision under uncertainty.
· Member of the Association of Uncertainty in AI Council, 2014 -
· Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ)
o Member of Editorial Board, 01/2015 – 12/2016
o Associate Editor, 01/2017 –
o Member of AIJ EiC Nomination Committee 2021-22
o Member of AIJ sponsorship committee, 09/2020 –
o Member of Editorial Board, 2003-2004
o Associate Editor, 7/2005 – 12/2021
o Area Editor, 01/2022 –
o Member of Editorial Board, 10/1999 – 09/2002
o Associate Editor, 10/2002 – 08/2025
o Member of Advisory Board, 10/2005 -12/2011
· Conference Area Chair: AAAI, ICLR, IJCAI, NeurIPs, UAI, …… .