BSc in Computer Science (COSC)
In addition to the BEng in Computer Science (COMP), the Department of Computer Science and Engineering also offers a BSc in Computer Science (COSC).
COSC is not a stand-alone major. It is designed for students who wish to graduate with a double-major, i.e., students enrolled in COSC must also be enrolled in an another major. They are required to complete the requirements of both majors, and will receive a degree with two program designations upon graduation.
Students who join the program are carefully supervised in order to build and follow a study plan tailored to their specific interests and needs, that will serve as a strong platform to achieve their future career goals.
Students can NOT enroll in COSC during their first year of study. Enrollment can only be done starting after the end of their first academic year.
For more information, please see
- Detailed COSC FAQ
- Instructions on how to draw up a COSC study plan (for COSC applications)
- How to submit a COSC application
- different rules for students already in COMP and students with another first major
- application deadline (with effective term in Fall 2021-22): 5pm, 8 September 2021 (Wednesday)
Further information for current students is available at
Course Substitution Information
- which courses can be double counted and how to apply for the double count
Checking COSC graduation requirements in the Student Information System
- and how to address known issues
You may also refer to the following links for more general information:
From my experience in the school, I definitely met very interesting and inspiring people in this program. I believe, throughout different course, students could easily find and engage in anything that they are truly passionate about.